Welcome, and thank you for stopping by. You are here because your life is asking for your attention, and I can help you get to the bottom of things - compassionately and at your own pace.
As a Licensed Mental Health Counselor (license LH60711517) in the state of Washington, I provide counseling and psychotherapy to individual adults in Seattle and online. There has been tremendous diversity among the people I help, and you are welcome to contact me regardless of your background or your particular goals and challenges. That said, I have a special interest in working with executives and other professionals seeking to better deal with stress or to attain more life satisfaction.
Members of the LGBT community are welcome.
Here are some concerns I can help you with:
Our Work Together Will Be:
- Empathic: We will focus on understanding your inner world compassionately and without judgment.
- Depth-Oriented: To achieve long-lasting change, we will work to uncover and address the core aspects of your challenges through exploration of your life history, dream work, and body awareness exercises.
- Acceptance-Based: We will genuinely welcome all parts of your inner experience and invite a sense of respect and curiosity towards them.
- An Active Collaboration: We will work as a team, with me always being open to your feedback and ideas about the therapeutic process.
- Goal-Oriented: We will be mindful of why you came to therapy in the first place, be it accessing internal motivation, feeling more grounded, enjoying your life more, or having more satisfying relationships.
- At Times, Challenging: Now and then, I may point out things in your thinking or behavior that you may not be aware of. I do it caringly and with good humor.
My Approach to Psychotherapy
I am well-versed in a number of psychotherapy modalities and base my approach on a mix of the following:
I strive to create a safe, productive space, so that you can explore your difficulties, heal, and grow. Oftentimes, I will also ask you to complete "homework" to support your progress and to bring your newly learned skills into your everyday life.
I provide online psychotherapy (e-therapy) to folks who cannot make it to my Seattle office through Doxy, a free and simple video conferencing platform that is similar to Skype. For more information, please see the Online Therapy page.
Wondering how to find a good therapist? Check out my article about it.